Bricks 4 Kidz® is devoted to providing an extraordinary atmosphere for children, where we learn, we build, and we play with LEGO® Bricks. Classes are designed to teach the fundamentals of S.T.E.M. (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education, built around our proprietary model plans, created by engineers and architects. At Bricks 4 Kidz, we believe that kids learn best through activities that engage their curiosity and creativity.
WHAT IS BRICKS 4 KIDZ®?
Speech-Language Pathologist, Jennifer Massett, and Speech-Language Pathology Assistant, Raymie Robin, are thrilled to be bringing Bricks 4 Kidz® to the Northshore and Southshore! Bricks 4 Kidz® classes provide an extraordinary atmosphere for children where we learn, we build, we play… with LEGO® Bricks. Programs are built around our proprietary model plans, designed specifically for us by engineers and architects, with exciting themes such as space, construction, and amusement parks. Promoting language, cognition, visual perception and processing, fine motor skills, cooperative play, and much more, kids, ages 3-13, are learning while playing! At Bricks 4 Kidz®, we believe that kids learn best through activities that engage their curiosity and creativity.
We promote critical thinking skills in all of our programs, and introduce children to principles of science, technology, engineering, and math. It’s a S.T.E.M. dream! Our programs also provide an extraordinary atmosphere for students to build their own unique creations, challenging their imaginations and building their self-confidence. With 18+ years of combined experience working with children, we are thrilled to be using our skills in an exciting way!
The BRICKS 4 KIDZ® approach to learning and play promotes the development of the following physical, cognitive, academic, and social-emotional skills:
- Perception and sensory integration
- Receptive and expressive language
- Planning, sequencing, patterning, and organization
- Fine motor skills
- Visual perception skills-color, shape, and size recognition
- Visual-spatial skills
- Tactile-kinesthetic learning
- Problem-solving, logic, and abstract reasoning
- Initiation, attention, inhibition, and self-regulation
- Short term memory- working memory skills
- Cognitive flexibility
- Introduction to novel concepts and vocabulary
- Application of learned concepts to new and concrete situations
- Science, technology, engineering, and math skills (S.T.E.M.)
- Cooperative play and teamwork
- Social language skills
- Creativity and imagination
- Patience and frustration tolerance
- Task completion