Many of us who love the arts don’t really need to be convinced that arts education is important to our children’s development and enrichment. But for those who see it as a non-essential luxury, there are some compelling, practical purposes to explore, as well.
According to Americans for the Arts, the nation’s leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts and arts education…
- A student involved in the arts is four times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement.
- Students with low socioeconomic status are five times more likely to stay in school if they participate in the arts.
- Students who take four years of arts and music classes average almost 100 points higher on their SAT scores than students who take only one-half year or less.
- Low-income students who are highly engaged in the arts are twice as likely to graduate college as their peers with no arts education.
- 72% of business leaders say that creativity is the number one skill they are seeking when hiring.
- Two-thirds of public school teachers believe that the arts are getting crowded out of the school day.
Whether your child is ready to make a serious commitment, or if he/she is just interested in participating in a few classes or workshops, we have plenty of opportunities to experience music, visual arts, dance, theater, and culinary arts on both shores.
Applause Dance Academy (Covington)
Art Time (Mandeville)
Brushworks Art & Music Academy (Covington & Houma)
Culinary Kids (Mandeville)
Dancer’s Point (Metairie & Lakeview)
Debby Dillehay Dance Studio (Kenner)
Elite Dance (Covington)
Encore Dance, Tumbling, Music & Theater Studio (Harahan)
Louisiana Academy of Performing Arts (Covington, Mandeville & Harahan)
Lafon Performing Arts Center (Luling)
Northlake Academy of Music (Mandeville & New Orleans)
Northshore Academy of Dance (Covington)
The Octave School of Music (Metairie)
Posh Paint Pub (Metairie)
Rivertown Theatres for the Performing Arts (Kenner)
Studio KB Art (Luling & Mobile Classroom)
Studio School of Dance (Metairie)
Thibodeaux Dance (Mandeville & Meraux)